[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libvo2, 1st proposed spec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Nov 18 19:22:18 CET 2001

Hi,

> >i just want to _add_ mp1e support for faster mpeg encoding requires for
> >mpeg-only cards like dvb and dxr3.
> >
> is it ok with a main/mp1e dir like main/libavcodec looks today, and a
> readme for users on how to obtain mp1e and unpack it there, it'll create
> a mess (in the mp1e dir), but there is no actual lib interface to mp1e,
> the alternative would be taking the mp1e code and making alterations to
> it and add it to the project (read prior post).

simply import mp1e sources to mplayer cvs if it needs a single bit
modification. we did the same with libavcodec in old days, but later we
talked with gerard and finally syncronized cvs and removed it from mplayer
to avoid needs of maintaining same code at 2 places.

if mp1e is messy, just copy it, like we did with libmpeg2, loader etc.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu