[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo2, 1st proposed spec

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sun Nov 18 15:51:28 CET 2001

David Holm wrote:

>Hi,
>here is the first proposed specification of how libvo2 should look. It's
>mostly written by Arpi but I have made some minor changes here and there.
>Please express your feelings, what's missing, what's superfluous etc.
>The libvo2 core isn't implemented at all so don't start writing/porting
>devices, especially since the interface is likely to change.
>
>What is defined in vo2_def.h are the only things needed to be implemented by
>the device developer (all format conversions etc are handled by the core)H

Here is a theoretical implementation of dxr3 (it hopefully works, but I
can't test it now as ... Arpi, didn't you reverse my patches? so why is
my libvo2 code still in configure? but with the idiocy of compiling
libvo2 with all libvo devices)
Compare this file to libvo/vo_dxr3.c and you'll see how simple the new
interface is (of course libvo2.c will be pretty heavy, but that doesn't
matter since it takes away a lot of work from device developers...)
(If you can't read the attachment because it's mozilla encoded and not
base64, ...too bad (it isn't a patch anyway))

//David Holm