[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_pts ao_pts

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 18 02:53:24 CET 2001

On Sunday, 18. November 2001 02:35, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > static int play(void* data,int len,int flags)
> > {
> >     ioctl( fd_audio, EM8300_IOCTL_AUDIO_SETPTS, &ao_pts );
> >     return write(fd_audio,data,len);
> > }
> >
> > write? yea, I'm quite sure this is no standard glibc funtion and it must
> > be magically resolved at linktime through some lib. Actually it seems to
> > be C++ lib function that returns an iostream.
>
> man 2 write
> it's standard kernel syscall.
oops, I just checked man 3 and grepped through /usr/include/* :(
actually I didn't think of a syscall at all...

> > I'm quite sure the right thing(tm) is to replace write with standard libc
> > guntion fread (look at man 3 fread).
>
> heh? fwrite maybe? but Holm did the right thing this time.
yes of course fwrite.

well actually it's easy to track down by monitoring function returns, I just
wonder ao_dxr3 seems to have no debug code for doing such stuff as I already
told David that it's problem with returns of timing functions in ao driver
long time ago, maybe he overread my mail.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos