[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Dxr3-devel] Best, supported, TV-out chip as generic framebuffer?

Rick Haines rick at kuroyi.net
Sun Nov 4 16:13:05 CET 2001

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 10:26:48PM -0800, Marcel B wrote:
> Rick Haines wrote:

> > I believe the adv7175a is considered the highest quality.  Component
> > output can be activated on this chip (although the driver doesn't do
> > this yet) but you need a special cable to use it.
>
> I use an out-of-the-box dxr3 which comes with a short 3" cable that I hook
> the RCA video to, and it works fine.
> I also have a Y-adapter that turns stereo out into the red/white audio ones,
> but that doesn't work yet, cause my audio's messed up...

Ah, but that's composite output.  Component output uses three separate
RCA connectors for Y, U, and V (I think that's what they are anyway, I'm
not going to look it up at the moment :).  Composite video has them all
squished together and svideo separates two of them.

--
Rick (rick at kuroyi.net)
http://dxr3.sourceforge.net

I think the slogan of the fansubbers puts
it best: "Cheaper than crack, and lots more fun."