[MPlayer-dev-eng] DXR3/H+ plugins for MPlayer pre-beta release, need feedbacFri Nov 2 01:07:19 2001

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 2 00:12:01 CET 2001

Hi,

> here are the plugins we have all been waiting for, dxr3/hollywood+
> support for MPlayer.
> This is the pre-beta release (I need some feedback) which currently
> plays mpeg-(1/2) hardware accelerated and divx (or any other codec
> support YV12 output) non-hw accelerated.
nice work!

> 2. to be able to play YV12 formats (including divx) you must have ffmpeg
> (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/) installed as a shared library (download
> ffmpeg and run ./configure --enable-shared) and _NOT_ as
> mplayer/libavcodec, I think libavcodec has been broken because it

it is not broken. just RTFM DOCS/DVB
by default only decoders are compiled from libavcodec subdir.

> Message to every developer out there, I would do ANYTHING for an actual
> working realmedia codec, there is an sdk located here:
> http://proforma.real.com/rnforms/resources/server/realsystemsdk/index.html
> which will enable someone to actually do this (you will also need to
> have the latest realplayer installed since it's using closed source
> lib's from there) Please, please, PLEASE someone take this project
> on..... (postprocessing of realvideo would be great....)

its' very useless. i've already checked it few months ago, and al3x checked
it few days ago, but we have no idea how to use them. the sdk api is
useless, and c++. everything is done by plugins, we have no controls over
them. it requires reverse engineering to get work.

> There is no need to add the mplayer patch to cvs unless you really want
> to, as I said, this is a pre-beta, I have no way of successfully testing

i've 2 problems with your patch:
- it contains CVS subdirs and such, use diff -Naur -x CVS -x .*
- it patches some other files, for example mencoder.c
  don't do diff between different CVS versions!
- tipp: read your patch before sending it.

i'll apply it if i got it in acceptable form.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu