[Mplayer-dev-eng] DGA: I'll be on vacation ...

Andreas Ackermann (Acki) asackerm at stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 17 03:02:25 CEST 2001

Hi there,

I'll be on vacation from may 24th to june 4th, so if there are any major
issues with vo_dga.c better tell me *NOW* !!!!

BTW:

Look at www.xfree.org/~keithp/

There's a description of a new rendering API for X (implemented in XFree
4.0.3 already) called Render Extension. This should provide an interface to
hardware-accelerated alpha-channel drawing functions. I've downloaded the
code samples & compiled & and at least the samples work, however I've
still no idea about speed.

There's also a mailing list about this on the server.

PS: with Xfree 4.0.3 there IS a bug in the nv driver (controls riva128
chipset): When using DGA it messes up the colors. I contacted its
maintainer already and he told me in the latest CVS for XFree it is fixed
already, but I didn't verify this ...

Bye (I guess I'm getting insomniac ...)

-Andreas
        http://www.acki-netz.de  email: acki at acki-netz.de
   //   (+49)[0]9131/409500 or (+49)[0]9286/6399
 \X/    acki or acki2 on #rommelwood

   No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
     a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.