[Mplayer-dev-eng] mpg12play-irix

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 15 02:43:53 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Arpi, about portability:
> I just saw that you have implemented dword reading functions in stream.c -
> is it _only_ those I have to change for your code (not the libs) to work ?
I dunno. But i hope :)

Hmm. maybe you mustn't change them! Thay already read file byte-to-byte,
so CPU's byteordering doesn't matter.

> well, since I am using an old source version and since I know that the AVI
> DivX playback over these Win32-codecs never will work on IRIX I have been
> quite brutal and removed a lot of the stuff that uses any feature that
> won't ever be available on IRIX (3DNow and MMX files, and all AVI stuff)
> ... I will probably also have to change a lot in configure, which will
> make a source split unevitable ....

you can simply drop avip and related stuff (loader/* etc).
mpegp must compile without it, they were separated up to 0.09.
(there was a big code mix and code mess :( at 0.10)

> > BTW we are using german on the IRC channel sometimes :)
> > at least most of us speaks it (i learned it 8 years ago, and forget
> > almost everyting but still understand many things)
> Ha, interesting - well you Hungarians are usually good at (passive) German
> :-)
German was the only selectable alternative to russian here, so i learned it.
But it was 8 years ago... :((

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu