[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer for IRIX

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Mon May 14 10:57:33 CEST 2001

>Hej folks !
>
>Oh, BTW:
>Is this Mplayer/IRIX project interesting for your Sourceforge-CVS ?
>Otherwise I will put it up on my own internal CVS for the project I
>currently do, and send you a snapshot when it is ready ...

Hej igen,

first, I have to admit, that I couldn't find any IRIX player in ad-hoc search.
The mtv here is commercial :-(

So if you really want to work on a mpg12player (Mplayer?) port, how about a
all-UN*X version, with lowlevel extensions for the different systems like IRIX,
Solaris, AIX? It's such a pity that MPlayer doesn't work that way (although
there are very good reasons of course).
_Then_ code should finally be threaded (and thread-safe), because multi-CPU is
very common on IRIX and other UN*Xes as well.

I am surely willing to test on local machines here (SUN, IRIX, parallel SUNs),
I also have an account at a Cray, but perhaps that's not target of first choise
;-) I can also do a little work on the Solaris-parts (Sun-Video-Lib e.g.)

b"asta h"alsingar,

gruel (the german <-> swedisch connection)

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se