[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 5 15:36:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >Requirements:
> >- all known bugs fixed - see Known Bugs second update on mplayer-users
> >  1. l3codeca - solved (kernel patch problems, not mplayer bug)
> >  2. fastmemcpy SIGILL problems - SSe disabled but there are still probs
> IMHO, they are in kernel only ;)
Seems to independent from kernel version. But I'll write a summary to
mpayer-users, to collect some more info about these strange bugs.

> >  3. MMX YV12->RGB 16bpp on SMP P3 - bug should be fixed
> Probably bug in kernel, since if code works on uniprocessor machines therefore
> it's workable. IMHO, mplayer does not contain SMP specific features.
> In this case you are able only find out way to avoid problem (suggestions and so on).
But maybe we should pay attention to something to keep code working on SMP
too. I know nothing about SMP, but there are requirements to the code.

> Also (from DOCS/BUGS):
> #After many > or ^ (fast forward) audio vs. video is going out of sync (ASF/AVI)
> #- bug in mplayer code (a-v sync probs after seek... not really bug but
> #  my avi/asf seeking code is not perfect yet)
>
> This problem exists on DivX files too (imho AVI != DivX )
heh?
DivX is a codec. AVI is a file format.
divx-coded files are avi or asf file format, so the above thing is true
for divx too.

> Also, I had publish announce on linux.org.ru about releasing 0.17. There are a lot of commentaries
> but one seems me as very strange:
> Man wrote that after installing of mplayer it shows turned upside-down pictures (turned on 180
> relatively Z-axis). Imho it may be interesting for you.
Known problem of the Indeo 3.x and 4.x codecs.
(and maybe ASV2 codecs in RGB mode)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu