[Mplayer-dev-eng] CVS moved - READ THIS!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 24 19:43:40 CEST 2001

Hi,

Ok. CVS has been moved from SourceForge to our new server!
(hardware donated by the hungarian linux development team)

System: Intel P3 733 (133mhz fsb), 512MB RAM, 10MBit network access

Why is it good?
- we has full control over CVS, user management etc
- we can control access rights inside the CVS tree!!!
- we can undo cvs changes, so if you mess up things, i can reverse it!!!
- it should be much faster than SF system
- we can rename/move dirs and files without loosing history/log info!!!
- i can make automated cvs snapshot generation after each commits

Why is it bad?
- you have checkout tree again, and learn one more host/password pair :)
- maybe their network is faster from outside or USA

Parameters:
  host:  mplayer.dev.hu  (cvs.mplayerhq.hu coming soon)
  cvsroot:  /cvsroot/mplayer   (same as on SF)
  access: via SSH, using :ext:-type cvs

=> cvs -z3 -d:ext:username at mplayer.dev.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co main

I'll mail you new generated password in private, please change it as
soon as possible!
You'll get restricted shell (CVS and passwd only), but if you really need
shell access, mail me and we'll see.
If you want to change username, mail me, i'll do it.

Other stuff moved:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We moved WWW too (a week ago, SF has forwarder now), and it's automatically
refreshed from cvs after each commits (homepage is on the cvs too).
There is FTP service (anonymous and user) available, with lots of space,
so it's possible to upload whole movies for testing purposes.
Mailman is also working, so I'll move CVS-log list today. It has working,
fast mail archive, it's missing from SF lists.
I'm planning move of other maillists later.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu