[Mplayer-dev-eng] asf streaming playback from a mms server

Bertrand BAUDET bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 21:40:11 CEST 2001

On Thursday 21 June 2001 11:54 am, you wrote:

> >> asfrecorder can do that, can't it?
> >
> > Ya, but if you need it to stream, like Roy wants that won't be
> > possible, I just tried piping output from ASFRecorder to MPlayer
>
> with
>
> > stdin option, it says format not recognised...
>
> On second thoughts, I was wondering about how does output from wget
> when piped to MPlayer works perfectly?
>
> Awaiting your reply.

No, this will never works if you use a true streaming mms since there is
a additionnal encapsulation layer for network streaming.
So this layer need to be processed and removed to be able to get
the asf format as the one you find in an asf file.

I didn't do yet the http-download-play way for asf/wmf files.

Bertrand