[Mplayer-dev-eng] release today?

Balazs Tibor tibcu at sch.bme.hu
Thu Jun 21 18:09:42 CEST 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> NO! Because SSE is too slow thing on P3.

:-)))

Nick, please have a look at mp3lib!
I read the comments at the beginning of the files, but decode_i586.s
doesn't contain MMX, while the others (decode_sse.s, decode_k7.s and
decode_3dnow.s) do:
/ - use {MMX,3DNow!} instruction for reduce cpu

So I think, decode_i586.s doesn't contain any MMX code. Am I right?
And I am not sure, if the others do. (A'rpi told me, MMX is useless for
mp3)

but if they really contain mmx code, would it be possible, to use them in
decode_i586.s too?

mplayer sais:
mp3lib: Processor ID: 543
mp3lib: i586 processor detected.

and it plays so slow movies' sound :-) (14%)

thx in advance
Tibcu