[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 13 20:54:44 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > yes, it will be surely change, to LGPL or something else special.
>
> why?
because he develops this stuff for his company...
and they want to sell this stuff for money, without releaseing the
source of the whole product... (LGPL allows this, GPL does not)

> > > Btw. codec not dropping frame is on your system more likely to be due
> > > to YV12 format, as your video card is quite slow and not your CPU, so
> > agree.
> > > decreased bandwidth for the graphics card makes up less dropped frames
> > > (or am I wrong?).
> > no. you're right.
> > YV12 will help for most users with bandwith problems (amd users).
> > it transfers 12 bit for each pixels, instad of 16 bits/pixel of YUY2.
> > and teh codec don't have to convert YV12->YUY2 internally.
>
> YV12 will help for most users, but not for me :(
your 486 is quite slooow :)

> if still in 32 bpp but using -bpp 24
it's a fallback, then it uses very slooow 24->32 conversion... not
recommended.

only 16 and 32 bpp are MMX accelerated for YV12.

> and have a nice weekend at Balaton, Arpi! :)
thanx :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu