[Mplayer-dev-eng] Large file support patch

Felix Bünemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 3 17:14:47 CEST 2001

Hello Arpi,

A> Hi,

>> They can, AVIs bigger then 2GB can be saved using so called OpenDML
>> (for example Virtual DUB supports them).

A> what the hell is opendml? i've seen it in some avis, but know nothing about
A> it.
Well it's avi with support for bigger then 2GB filesize - among other
things - (theres an alternative method using multiple avi files which are
concatenated at runtime, named segmented avi but it's not related with OpenDML).

For more info on the OpenDML AVI file format extension check:
 http://www.rahul.net/jfm/odmlff2.pdf

Btw. I should be able to create a OpenDML sample file if you want.

--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net