[Mplayer-dev-eng] configure c++ compiler detection

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 28 21:30:58 CEST 2001

Hi,

> +as the mails with compile errors from users unable to install a C++ compiler
> + libs begin to suck, can't we add a configure check that check proper
> operation of C++ compilation, and give an error and say not to report it when
> it doesn't work?

good idea. do it!

I think 2 tests hould be made:

1. compilation of simple sample c++ code (with some includes of
standard c++ headers, line <string> (not Nstring.h> !) and using
some c++ function like new or so. you can get example from bugreports :))

2. running this file - check for libstdc++ in ld.so path etc.

different error msg should be printed for these tests failed.
(1: c++ compiler failed, check if you have g++ headers etc,
2: running c++ prg failed, libstdc++ path/version problem)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu