[Mplayer-dev-eng] Rescaling using a G400

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Fri Aug 17 13:03:55 CEST 2001

	Hello,

	I would like to know if it is possible to rescale a frame
using mga_vid (or syncfb or xvideo) using the hardware of the G400 and
then get the rescaled frame back to userspace memory, I'm thinking
of enconding mpeg2 into divx, using no scaling I get about 10 fps on
a dual PII450, but if I scale it falls to around 4fps or even 2fps if
I rescale both directions. I'm using transcode that seems to use
fast rescaling routines (you can only rescale by reducing height or
width by multiples of 32).

	Any idea?

	- german
PS: I know this is not the better forum to ask this, but it seems that
A'rpi really know how to rock a Matrox :-)