[Mplayer-dev-eng] the story of an accidental writing a vo_aalib !

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 14 17:50:48 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > So if started coding an aalib driver for mplayer.
Great decision! ;)

> > Full of enthusiasm i began coding.
> > I never used mplayer before, but it seems to be the best basis for my
> > plan.
> > regardless the fact that "Se7en" is also going to do, because i've read
> > that just 30 minutes before.
I think it will be never finished... He said it a few months ago...

> > For any comments i'd be glad, and intereted.
> applied to MPlayer cvs, it's cool =) and also very fast.
yes, perfect :)
and i like the settings with keys 1-8 :)
watching Lola Rennt movie inverted ascii under X is very funny :)

btw, why don't you implement subtitles too?
(same way as OSD)
and also osd 'progress bar' for seeking stuf (using [|||||||||||] )

btw, osd symbols could be 2-char wide:

<<

they could be with blue background, just like settings at 1-8.

ok, we can forget antialiased chars now :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu