[Mplayer-dev-eng] AC3 output.

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Sat Aug 11 19:41:15 CEST 2001

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, German Gomez Garcia wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> 	Finally I make AC3 output works under SBLive in SMP, so I'm
> continuing/starting with the AC3 output support in mplayer (maybe later
> continue with IFO/RawDVD support :-). Anybody working on it right now?

	I need to make some changes to libac3, I should use the
QUERY_FORMAT in control() in ao_oss.c if the /dev/dsp is able to do raw
AC3 output through SPDIF before decoding the frame, but after looking
through the code it seems that there is no defined API for doing that.
Could I use the (int arg) for it as I would like? for example passing the
AFMT_AC3 (maybe the "correct" way to query formats should be that,
shouldn't it?).

	I would also like to know if I should initialize the card (loading
the correct DSP patch and setting the routes) or should let the user
do it before playing through SPDIF? In current emu10k1 opensource driver
CVS it seems that the location of the necesary files is quite standard, so
it could be done in mplayer without many problems, but I think that the
user should care of it, to make the card able to play AC3 (and responding
so when ioctl() it for AFMT_AC3). What do you think?

	- german