[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer YUV (YUV4MPEG) Output

Jinnah Dylan Hosein jdh at iostream.com
Fri Aug 3 23:36:00 CEST 2001

I ran into some trouble using mpeg2dec on certain mpeg2 video streams.
The video streams had errors that would cause mpeg2dec to seg fault.

I found that MPlayer played through these errors without crashing.

I needed a YUV output to do transcoding of these streams so I wrote a
libvo plugin for MPlayer to output YUV4MPEG format for the mjpeg tools.

It is basically a hacked up version of the libvo pgm output.

you can take a look at www.iostream.com/~jdh/mpeg

I thought this might be useful to others.

The patch is against the latest cvs snapshot of MPlayer, but I don't see
any reason why you couldn't get it working for the release versions.

-jdh