[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer-cygwin Digest, Vol 87, Issue 5

Henry defsyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:37:55 CEST 2011

on't understand question.

> ffmpeg is in mplayer source tree.
>
> > That can't work.
>
> How to work? Only configure and compile mplayer?

That's usually the best way to do things, just use configure.

   ./configure --enable-menu --enable-static --enable-gui

That's usually the only three options I use. Sometimes, I  just use the
--enable-menu

The configure script is very well thought out and thorough. The general rule
is that if configure does not enable a certain option, it's usually because
it won't compile.

Sherpya is an advanced programmer. He knows what to do and when to do it.

If you still cannot successfully compile the program, usually it's a problem
with the compiler. Try using the latest gcc 3.X.X compiler. Or try using the
GCC 4.2 compiler. Have had problems on the latest releases of compilers from
cygwin and MinGW.

The configure script updates the ffmpeg directory now. And it will use git
to download and place the ffmpeg directory in the mplayer tree. So, don't
run configure in the ffmpeg directory. The Mplayer configure script should
now properly set up FFMPEG.