[MPlayer-cygwin] Build error for ffmpeg on Cygwin

Michael Weller gibbsnich at gmx.de
Sat Jan 10 14:36:18 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to compile ffmpeg on Cygwin and I'm getting the following error from make:

cp -p ffmpeg_g.exe ffmpeg.exe
strip ffmpeg.exe
make: *** No rule to make target 'sys/socket.h', needed by 'ffplay.o'. Stop.

I have no idea how to resolve this and google couldn't help very, too. [I know this is off-topic for this list, but as I'm an amateur maybe someone can tell me not only how to resolve this issue but also how to find how to resolve it.. I tried to grep the Makefile but couldn't find anything with socket.h, as I almost suspected.. Of course, sys/socket.h is present on my cygwin install. You might notice: I have no clue :-(]

Thanks in advance for any helping advise!

Michael