[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder crashing

Adam Seychell a_seychell at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 9 05:12:30 CET 2009

compn wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:57:11 +1100, Adam Seychell wrote:
>> I keep getting segmentation
>> faults with Mencoder when transcoding audio from an AC3 source. I don't
>
> gdb output would be nice. follow bugreports in DOCS.
>
> -compn

The mencoder segment fault seems to occur only when audio stream is
converted to a different format. Example: AC3->mp3 or mp3->pcm.
Specifying -oac copy does not cause the fault.
The fault is unaffected by video codec selection.
Problem appears with either gcc 3.4.3 or gcc 4.3.2
mplayer seems to work perfectly.

Using latest cygwin and SVN mplayer, yasm and lame packages.

./configure \
--enable-static \
--enable-debug=3 \
--enable-runtime-cpudetection