[MPlayer-cygwin] Strange ouput when playing wmv files -?CMediaBuffer_xxx() called, Query failed!

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:31:29 CET 2008

Reimar Doeffinger wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 02:53:33PM +0000, John Brown wrote:
>> Reimar Doeffinger  stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

>>> Well, I looked at the files and all these messages seemed very much disabled
>>> to me, so I have no idea what would be going wrong.
>>>

>> The offending lines are the "Debug xxx()" lines in loader/dmo/buffer.c,
>> and they can be suppressed by changing the lines in loader/dshow/guids.h
>>
>> #define Debug if(1)
>> //#define Debug if(0)

>> //#define Debug if(1)
>> #define Debug if(0)
>
> This is already the way it is (you can be certain I verified that the
> first time around), your fault for changing it.

I am not sure what you mean. Up until yesterday,  I updated svn, but I was still
getting the messages. I decided that it had to be something simple, so a few minutes
ago, I tried to fix it myself and I found the always-true definition of Debug, which I
certainly did not put there.  While we are on the subject, maybe:

#define Debug if(MP_DEBUG)

would be better.

By the way, there may be a problem with the makefile. When I applied my patch and
ran make, MPlayer was not rebuilt. I forced it by deleting loader/dmo/*.o .