[MPlayer-cygwin] libdvdnavmini on cygwin (David Abergel)

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:15:56 CEST 2008

> Hi all
>
> I've been fruitlessly searching the internet for days to find a solution
> to this problem, so I thought I would ask here for guidance.
>
> I am trying to compile libdvdnav prior to installing mplayer on cygwin.
> However, when I run make, the compile procedure fails as it is compiling
> libdvdnavmini because the linker can't find libdvdread. The file config.mak
> suggests that configure specified the internal version of dvdread.

Just tried it in cygwin. Using make 3.81 fails, using make-3.79.1 succeeds.
I assume your using the latest subversion from mplayer's site? That's what
you should be using.

You can check out this link for instructions:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt

You'll have error messages in the root directory, irregardless of the
version of make you're using.  Change into the src/ directory and run make
3.79.1  in that directory and make install in that directory.

> I'm currently at work, so can't post the details of the error messages
> until this evening, but does anyone have any pointers which might help me?

in mplayer you need to use the --disable-dvdread-internal option when
running configure to use your newly compiled and installed libdvdnav. You'll
probably have to use make-3.79.1 also in the build for mplayer.