[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: vo_directx: no triple buffering with certain videos

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 23 15:54:44 CET 2007

Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 02:05:18AM +0100, Frank Aurich wrote:
>> I reverted back to an older driver (7.14.10.830) and it works again. Yay! :)
>>
>> Now I fear that they cut something altogether in upcoming Vista drivers
>> that will disable this forever :( We'll have to see.
>>
>> I think we'll need a D3D videoout for Mplayer.
>
> Certainly not, not even the dshow one is maintained. Yet another dead
> piece of code is the last MPlayer needs - unless you have somebody in
> mind who would write and maintain that code for at least a few years.
> Or just bug ATI to finally get OpenGL working, they surely had enough
> time, and they won't be able to sell their highend cards without proper
> support for it anyway.
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

I had experimented with the opengl video driver in Mplayer back when I was using
Windows XP, and I didn't like it very much. The dshow filter produced better
result imho.

I took a look at VLCs (and MPCs) implementation of a d3d video out module.
I do know some C, but I've never coded something graphics or video related, so
I'm afraid this is a bit too big for me.

Frank