[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder very slow on windows

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:10:33 CET 2007

RVM wrote:

> I realized of this warning when compiling xvidcore, I don't know if it has
> something to do:
>
> checking for nasm... yes
> checking for nasm patch version... nasm: error: unrecognised option `-r'
> nasm: error: no input file specified
> type `nasm -h' for help
> -1
> configure: WARNING: nasm patch version is too old
> configure: WARNING: no correct assembler was found - Compiling generic sources
> only

On my system
$ nasm -h
usage: nasm [-@ response file] [-o outfile] [-f format] [-l listfile]
            [options...] [--] filename
    or nasm -r   for version info (obsolete)
    or nasm -v   for version info (preferred)

$ nasm -r
NASM version 0.98.39 compiled on Aug 14 2007

Maybe they finally removed '-r'. You can:
1) Downgrade to 0.98.yy (yy >= 34)
2) Edit the test for nasm patch version in xvid's configure script so that
    your version (which I assume is 2.00) is accepted.

In my xvid configure script, the test looks like this:

echo $ECHO_N "checking for nasm patch version... $ECHO_C" >&6
           nasm_patch=`$nasm_prog -r | cut -d '.' -f 3 | cut -d ' ' -f 1`
           if test -z $nasm_patch ; then
              nasm_patch=-1
           fi