[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get a mplayer with fontconfig?

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Wed Dec 5 02:42:37 CET 2007

El Martes, 4 de Diciembre de 2007 02:38, John Brown escribió:
> RVM wrote:
> > El Lunes, 3 de Diciembre de 2007 10:55, John Brown escribió:
> >> RVM wrote:
> >
> > (...)
> >
> >> Try a different vo (gl2 or gl).
> >
> > Doesn't work either.
>
> Too bad. I suggested it because I had a problem (which I have not reported
> yet) using the new tv:// support on Windows. There were some problems with
> the dshow driver, but in the end, it works only if I use -vo gl2 (or gl).
> The developer told me that it seems that there is a problem with -vo
> directx, so I should report it.

I finally found out what was going on. I realized that if I run mplayer inside
the msys console then it worked, fontconfig included. So the problem was that
outside msys it couldn't find /etc/fonts/font.conf and so there were no fonts
and mplayer crashed (anyway I think this is a bug, it shouldn't crash, just
display a warning on the console and go on without fonts).

Then I made it work too outside msys, just creating a etc/fonts subdir in the
same folder where mplayer was installed, and copying the font.conf.

With the cygwin build this didn't work, it still kept reading
its /etc/fonts/font.conf, so I think that build wouldn't work if the user
doesn't have installed cygwin.

--
RVM