[MPlayer-cygwin] svn 23918 - vocenc.c:37: error:`ENOTSUP'undeclared

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:01:44 CEST 2007

Henry Garcia wrote:

>John Brown wrote:
> >
> > I assumed that they
> > did not provide a way to set CFLAGS with configure.
>

>CFLAGS="" ./configure  [options]
>
>They just warn you not to do it. But setting the CFLAGS as above is the
>normal way.

>Unfortunately, doing it the normal way doesn't work. They warn you.

I knew how to set CFLAGS. What I did not know was that configure
would use it. Looking back at it one more time, I finally see that the
note about CFLAGS is not in 'configure --help' output. It is displayed at
the end of *configure* output.

Although the message is displayed at the very end, I don't normally see
it, because I always redirect 'configure', 'make' and 'make install' output
to a file, and I only look at the configure output to ensure that configure
was successful, and all libraries and codecs were detected.

I really don't believe that the time to be warned about CFLAGS is
*after* you have (possibly) set it. It should be moved to
'configure --help'.