[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: dvdnav and MingW

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 22 10:04:45 CEST 2006

Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 01:12:42PM -0400, John Brown wrote:
>> Frank  Aurich wrote:
>>
>>> I've been noticing the rising amount of dvdnav-related commits to the
>>> repository, and I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately, I can't find any
>>> notes on what I need to make it work.
>> I was able to install compile and install libdvdnav using MingW/MSYS. I was
>> also able to enable libdvdnav support in MPlayer.  I do not think it worked
>> automatically. I believe that I had to edit the configure script for
>> libdvdnav and/or MPlayer. If you try to configure them, and you send the
>> error from the logs, I should be able to help you.
>>
>>> Furthermore, does it work on MingW/Win32 as well?
>> Apparently, the official MPlayer svn cannot actually display DVD menus
>> right now. I have not tried to apply the DVDNAV patch, so I cannot say
>> whether it works on MingW/Win32 or not.
>>

> I'm able to compile mingw mplayer with dvdnav support, and it works
> but I'm not able to send mouse clicks/position either using
> vo_dx or vo_gl2, I'm missing something?
>
> Bye

Do I need Ötvös Attilas version of dvdnav that is patched for MPlayer (available
at http://dcxx.fw.hu/), or should I use the original libdvdnav from
http://dvd.sourceforge.net/?

I tried applying the former, but the patch failed in multiple places, and I
didn't feel like manually fixing them all at the time :)

Anything else needed to make it work? As I mentioned before, I can't really find
any documents on how to enable this feature in Mplayer.

Frank