[MPlayer-cygwin] dvdnav crashes on displaying menu

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 03:18:29 CEST 2006

--- John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Up to 2006-09-09, "mplayer -dvd-device c:/dvd2/video_ts dvdnav://"
> simply played the first title, apparently without even attempting to
> display the menu.. As of 2006-09-10, the same command
> crashes with an "Asssertion failed" (see below). By adding -vo png, I
> was able to determine that it displays the menu (and only the menu;
> just 1 frame) and then crashes.

Try the attached patch. I put it together when messing around with
Otvos Atilla's dvdnav patch. The assert() will always fail if the $HOME
environment variable is not set, which afaik doesn't get set by default
in Windows XP. I modified it to check for HOME, HOMEPATH, and
USERPROFILE, the latter 2 being the most common in XP.

The vm.c changes are to properly read the dvd titles using dvdread
functions. Borrowed from a VLC contrib patch...

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/browser/branches/0.8.5-1/extras/contrib/src/Patches/dvdnav.patch?rev=16404

When I compiled dvdnav in mingw, I first installed libdvdcss with
--disable-shared --enable-static. I then had to configure libdvdnav and
manually add the HAVE_CSS_H or something similar in config.h and added
-ldvdcss to the Makefile in order to have dvdnav statically link
against it (again with --disable-shared --enable-static).

Regards,
Erik