[MPlayer-cygwin] DVD Playback not working

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 03:29:35 CET 2006

Frank Aurich wrote:
>What I don't understand is, why: libdvdcss.a resides together with
>libdvdcss.la and libdvdcss-2.dll in /mingw/bin,
>/mingw/include/dvdcss/dvdcss.h exists as well.

I have no idea.

>Any clue what I'm doing wrong here?
>Why does Mplayer not compile libdvdcss internally?

I don't know. I have been using --enable-dvdnav
--extra-libs=libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a in a script for a long time.

To answer your question, I did a few experiments, and I may have confused
myself but:

1) If I take out --enable-dvdnav --extra-libs=... then dvdnav is
autodetected, but dvdcss is not (neither internal nor external).
2) If I add --enable-dvdnav --enable-libdvdcss-internal and take out
--extra-libs, make fails with undefined dvdcss symbols in libdvdnav, because
libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a is added to the link line *before* -ldvdnav.