[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: dvdnav and MingW

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 26 21:24:02 CET 2006

Frank Aurich wrote:
>John Brown wrote:
>>Frank  Aurich wrote:
>>
>>>I've been noticing the rising amount of dvdnav-related commits to the
>>>repository, and I'd like to try it out. Unfortunately, I can't find any
>>>notes on what I need to make it work.
>>
>>I was able to install compile and install libdvdnav using MingW/MSYS. I
>>was also able to enable libdvdnav support in MPlayer.  I do not think it
>>worked automatically. I believe that I had to edit the configure script
>>for libdvdnav and/or MPlayer. If you try to configure them, and you send
>>the error from the logs, I should be able to help you.
>>
>>>Furthermore, does it work on MingW/Win32 as well?
>>
>>Apparently, the official MPlayer svn cannot actually display DVD menus
>>right now. I have not tried to apply the DVDNAV patch, so I cannot say
>>whether it works on MingW/Win32 or not.
>
>I've come around trying this by myself now. Configure worked fine, but make
>runs into a problem I can't figure out on my own:
>
>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -DDVDNAV_COMPILE -I../../src
>-I../../src/dvdread -O3 -Wall -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
>-idirafter ../../msvc/include -MT decoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/decoder.Tpo
>-c decoder.c  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/decoder.o
>In file included from ./decoder.h:29,
>                  from ../../src/dvdnav_internal.h:71,
>                  from decoder.c:36:
>c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/sys/time.h:39:
>error: syntax error before '(' token
>c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/sys/time.h:39:
>error: syntax error before "void"
<snip>

>the sys/time.h looks fine, and is used by other projects (e.g. Mplayer) as
>well without problems.
>
>Any idea what I can do to fix this?
>

>Frank

I am using gcc-4.1. Is line 39 in sys/time.h the declaration of
gettimeofday? I must have run into the same problem because I commented out
gettimeofday.

When a library does not build automatically, my usual method is to do
whatever I have to do to make it compile, then hope that it works. So I
don't know what is wrong with gettimeofday, and I don't know what the
consequences of commenting it out are.  However, if you do that, dvdnav will
build.

It doesn't work for me. The menu text is displayed in the wrong colour,
there is nothig to indicate which button is selected and I can't move around
in the menu. For example, if I press the UP arrow on the numeric keypad, I
get:
libdvdnav: Error when seeking
libdvdnav: FIXME: Implement seeking to location 0
dvdnav_stream, seeking to 1148928 failed: Error when seeking.
libdvdnav: Error when seeking
libdvdnav: FIXME: Implement seeking to location 0
dvdnav_stream, seeking to 1148928 failed: Error when seeking.

The DOWN arrow arrow displays the progress indicatos that shows when  you
seek using the regular RIGHT arrow. The numeric ENTER key closes the menu,
but does not play any title.