[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling x264 with mplayer w/o mingw

Enzo v.deflorio at katamail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:27:59 CET 2006

Dear cygwin-mplayers,

I tried to compile x264 and mplayer together under cygwin without
success. I took a look at the archives of this list and I understood
that other had the very same problem: x264 builds with mingw runtime,
which conflicts with a cygwin mplayer:
> I can explain this.  Under cygwin, x264 builds with mingw runtime.  So
> x264's references to stdio don't link with a cygwin app.  That's what
> the __imp___iob lines are referencing.
>
> Solutions:
>   1. configure x264, then remove all instances of -mno-cygwin from
>      config.mak before running make.
>   2. build both on mingw.
>   3. make MPlayer build on cygwin with mingw runtime.
>
> #1 is easy, #2 is not nice if you are very involved in your cygwin
> install, and #3 is maybe not that easy.

Now I tried Solution 1 and 2 with no success, while have no idea of how
to go for Soution 3. So I was wondering if you know of any x264
implementation that does not require mingw or if anybody here ever
removed these requirements from the x264 package.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and assistance

Cheers,

Enzo