[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Some questions about MPlayer.

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:16:13 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>I hope it is fixed now, I forgot to apply a patch.

Yes, now the video window is placed correctly on screen. However I noticed a
strange behavior.

When the resolution of a video is bigger than the resolution of your desktop
(e.g. 1920x912 v/s 1024x768) and you are using vo=gl/gl2:

a) MPlayer will ignore the "-geometry <percentage value>" command and will
place the video window from the top-left corner of the screen (something
like "-geometry 0:0"). The video window will cover the taskbar.

b) MPlayer will not ignore the "-geometry <pixel value>" command.

c) If I use "-geometry 0:0", then the video window will cover the taskbar.

d) If I use "-geometry <pixel value different than 0:0>, then the video
window will not cover the taskbar.

e) If I do not use the geometry command, then the video window will be
placed correctly and will cover the taskbar.

I am using latest SVN (r19021).

I hope you can understand what I have reported.

Byes :(

Yakusoku wa iranai.