[MPlayer-cygwin] _aligned_malloc with msvcrt70

Martin Fiedler martin.fiedler at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 16:48:10 CEST 2006

Hi!

Sorry for the last message, the webmail system here has gone mad :( What I wanted to write was:

> > I'm currently using sse code with memalign hack and no one
> > reported problems, but native windows calls shouldn't be more safe?

_aligned_malloc isn't a native Windows API call, it's just part of the MSVC standard library. And if I interpret the documentation correctly, it'll just do a malloc(size + align) and some pointer arithmetics afterwards, so you may get no improvement when using this function.

Martin J. Fiedler