[MPlayer-cygwin] _aligned_malloc with msvcrt70

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Tue Aug 1 05:26:13 CEST 2006

I've discovered that mingw can use windows memalign functions as
described here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/vclrf_aligned_malloc.asp

the resulting program should be linked with -lmsvcr70 and it adds
dependancy with MSVCR70.DLL (yes this hurts a bit)
I tried the test code and has same result than m$ compiler.
I'm currently using sse code with memalign hack and no one
reported problems, but native windows calls shouldn't be more safe?

maybe adding a command line switch to configure to map memalign
to _aligned_malloc, not defining MEMALIGN_HACK and adding -lmsvcr70
to resulting executable?

Waiting for feedbacks
Regards

--