[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: startup config

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Apr 8 19:20:29 CEST 2006

PBVillaflores at smart.com.ph wrote:

> The suggestion on osdlevel worked but I had to stick in the registry
> entry for mplayer app under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to get it to run as part
> of every startup.  Just wondering if there is another way.  Is there a
> config file that holds startup options?
>
> Also, is there an option that controls the video window size?

Yes. Mplayer has a configuration file called "config", and it's located
(on Windows, anyways) in X:\Your\Path\To\Mplayer\mplayer Assuming that
mplayer.exe is in X:\Your\Path\To\Mplayer).

every command line option can be put in here for constant use.
What you do is strip the '-' of the cmdline option, and add a '=' at the
end following the value.

Example:  $mplayer.exe -vo directx -osdlevel 3 -fs -ontop -framedrop
-cache 8192 somevideofile.avi

Using the config file, its content would look something like this:

vo=directx
osdlevel=3
fs=true     #fullscreen
ontop=true
framedrop=yes
cache=8192

There's a sample config file in the \etc directory of the CVS source tree.

The window size is determined by the size of the video. as far as I
know, there's no option "half the size" or "double the size" or
something like that. I might be wrong though.

Frank