[MPlayer-cygwin] -of lavf crash

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Fri Apr 7 15:12:19 CEST 2006

Webmaster de Vuelta-Rapida.com schrieb:
> I download mplayer and mencoder from that page (the p4 version) and now it
> does nothing but show info to the output.
>
> Even if I try commands that worked on the previous version, don't do
> nothing.
>

>>mencoder mf://0*.jpg -mf w=608:h=336:fps=23.976:typ
>
> e=jpg -of lavf -lavfopts
> i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -o
> vc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv -audiofile stream.dump -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> cbr:b
> r=64 -srate 22050 -o newfrost2.flv

Your command line includes several options that I have never seen/used
before or are special cases.
So we need to find out where things break. Try to shorten/simplify/vary
your cmd line till you end with one that acutally work and re-add
options, untill thinks break again.
E. g. change -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv to -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4
Give more verbosen output by adding -v.
E. g. what is this option? Did you read the source to know that you need
  it? Was it suggested by the mencoder itself?
-lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

E. g. I see an -of lavf -o newfrost2.flv but now -lavfopts format=flv

So try to use mpeg4 and output to avi
So try flv and output raw stream
So try flv and try to mux it into flv container

Stefan