[MPlayer-cygwin] [TEST] working CD playback in windows

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 16:39:12 CEST 2005

Yo,

I found this thread on libcdio-devel
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2005-02/msg00003.html)
and decided to give it a try. CDDA playback is
working. I only had to make minor changes to the
original patch, so that it could apply to current CVS.
As well, it had to be made mingw "friendly". I renamed
the close() function to cd_close() to avoid yet
another mingw header conflict. Also, pretty much all
cddb support had to be disabled, as read_toc() needs
to be ported for windows in cddb.c.

Rocky's stream_vcdx.c is untouched, and untested as
vcd support in mingw is disabled by default.

Attached are 2 patches. The first is a simple patch
which I submitted to Rocky against libcdio-0.76 so
that it compiled cleanly in mingw. The second is a
patch which applies to current CVS to have mplayer use
libcdio for cdda/(vcd?) playback, based on the 2 files
in the abovementioned thread only slightly altered.

The patch is nowhere near committal state, though
should anyone decide to take it upon themselves to do
so, please feel free. I will continue to work on it a
bit more.

Warm Regards,
Erik