[MPlayer-cygwin] The stand-alone player hack.

GáborSzécsi deje at miki.hu
Fri Oct 21 10:12:59 CEST 2005

10/20/2005 -n, "Reinier Zwitserloot" <reinier at zwitserloot.com> irta:

>Hence I'm not too bothered that this only works in Windows. In theory
>it would not be very difficult to port it to mac OSX and linux; for
>linux there's binreloc, and OSX's application deployment system is a
>dream. Doing something like this can be done by just adding the video
>to the stand-alone player's resource data instead of appending it to
>the executable.

I think using resource is a great idea: it should be implemented in
windows too. You can obtain a stream for a binary resource and play the
movie from there. In this case you don't have to hardcode the mplayer
binary size in there and the movie length (endpos) is also irrelevant:
the resource stream has its own end. Config file should also be loaded
from resource.
Resources can be changed very easily with any resource editor (even from
cmd prompt), and nothing has to be hardcoded into mplayer itself, so I
think this should be the clean and preferred way to a standalone
mplayer. And this can also be implemented on OSX too.

We should discuss this resource handling and try to implement it on a
platform-independent way.

So what is your opinion about it?

Deje

http://mpf.dzm.hu