[MPlayer-cygwin] Help - MPlayer crashes with ERROR

Swapnil Shinde swapnil at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 06:25:04 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am running mplayer in slave mode. However, sometimes I see that mplayer
crashes with the following output:
 OUTPUT: [h264 @ 00B74B40]illegal short term buffer state detected
OUTPUT: [h264 @ 00B74B40]illegal short term buffer state detected
OUTPUT:
OUTPUT:
OUTPUT: MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
OUTPUT: - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
OUTPUT: Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
OUTPUT: disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
OUTPUT: - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
OUTPUT: It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in
your
OUTPUT: gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
OUTPUT: DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
OUTPUT: won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.
 Is there anything that I can do to avoid this crash ? Can someone tell me
when exactly this can happen ? and how can I avaoid this ?
 Thanks in advance.
Swapnil