[MPlayer-cygwin] How to import RealMediaSplitter.ax intocodecs.conf

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:51:20 CET 2005

>mplayer cannot load those types of directshow filters, only the codec
>dshow stuff works. the RealMedia Splitter DSFilter has a muxer in it too.

OK.

>if some developer takes a look at srcfilter, it may be possible.

Are you saying that srcfilter should be able to render the file the way
Windows Media Player does? I tried it, but it seems  to produce output that
is identical to MPlayer's. In any case, I am not sure of the GUID that I
should use.

If I could play it with srcfilter, that would be good, I suppose, but I
would still need a file that I could re-encode to DVD.