[MPlayer-cygwin] compile problem with xvid

Asonganyi Defang Ngunyi ngunyie at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 12:06:08 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 08:59:33PM -0000, Chris Connolly wrote:
> Many thanks for your help (thanks to Corey Hickey too) - you were
both
> correct. I've now got past this hurdle but after running make have
> encountered the following error.  Any ideas on this one?

/usr/bin/lib/libxvidcore.a(plugin_2pass1.obj):plugin_2pass1.c:(.text+0x215):
> und
> efined reference to `__errno'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mencoder.exe] Error 1

  I used to always use Joey's build. Given that he has not updated for some time now, I have been building mine and i  did encounter this problem, So much so that i have decided to always disable xvid in my builds. I just wanted to know what is the advantage of adding xvid in mencoder given that libavcodec already gives us the possibility of encoding xvid files with with the "-ffourcc xvid " option.

  thanks for any clarifications.

  DEF