[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Mplayer win32 GUI questions

R.Ivarson Rivarson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 20:57:42 CET 2005

Erik Lunchpail wrote:
(..)
> Sent Gianluigi a new patch for that. I used
> WM_COPYDATA to enable IPC to send filenames/parse
> playlists in the current running mplayer. Check his
> site in the next while for updated builds.

That's great.

Thanks to the recent link to the "SLAVE MODE PROTOCOL" text file I've finally
found a way to switch through the audio tracks of DVDs by binding a key to the
"switch_audio" command in the input.conf file. So I can happily switch the
audio track at DVD play time which is important for my milti audi track DVDs.

This key binding doesn't work with Divx or Xvid media files with more than
one audio track (the doc says so, too, I think).
So to workaround this I use the command line version of the GUI inclusive
mplayer.exe and add the option
   -aid 2
but it doesn't work, unfortunately: it always plays the first audio track.
However for the GUI exclusive mplayer.exe from the mplayer.hu site the -aid
option works fine. Well, not that important at the moment.

One final question: the -vo GL2 video driver allows me to use the nice
pan scan function (keys w and e), but "just" on divx3 (maybe divx4) and xvid
media files. With divx5 and mpeg1/2 media files there's no pan scane. Depends
on the video decoder/codec apparantly.
Is there maybe a trick I could always use the pan scan function, even on
Divx5/Mpeg1/2 media files?

Thanks a lot.

-ric