[MPlayer-cygwin] Mplayer compile errors

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Wed Nov 9 22:01:41 CET 2005

Hi

> I've been slowly working my way through the guide at
> http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto
>. txt (substituting mingw with /usr/bin where relevant) but seem to be
> having trouble with libavformat/ libavcodec. During the configure, the
> compile says that libavcodec.so is broken (see below).  When I subsequently
> run make, I also get a large number of util.c errors, ending with the
> following:
>

> make[1]: *** [utils.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/main/libavformat'
> make: *** [libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2

Hi, I'm sorry, but due to the server problems the mirrors did not get synced
and the howto you are using is outdated. Afaik the last version is
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
Your problem should go away when you copy the libavutil directory to the
MPlayer directory, too.

Regards