[MPlayer-cygwin] mlaunch

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Mar 31 23:58:23 CEST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:25:00AM +0200, Anton Ragnarsson wrote:

> The project has been left pretty much untouched "in development" for some
> time, and there's a lot of features that's not finished and don't have a
> GUI.
> (There's things like IMDB info fetching, music library with iPod-style
> browsing, TV-recording [via dshow], TV listings fetching etc. Some of them
> can be controlled via the keyboard)

Sounds interesting.  If you get around to moving this forward it might
well become quite popular.

> Also, I haven't had time to write proper documentation.

As someone who is supposed to know about documentation I can tell you
that (good) documentation is a great method of attracting users ;)

> But anyway, it can be downloaded here:
> http://pantis.infeline.org/mlaunch/

I've added it to the projects page.

> Please tell me if there are any license issues.

I don't know if you use MPlayer through its slave mode or just invoke it
through the command line, but so far we have not enforced the GPL upon
frontends that just used the slave mode.  It would of course be very
welcome if you released the source of your application, preferrably
under the GPL.

Diego