[MPlayer-cygwin] Java GUI to invoke Mplayer

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Jun 27 02:59:27 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 04:12:00PM -0700, Swapnil Shinde wrote:
> Hi Jake,
> Thanks a lot for this code. I tried this code on my machine and it works
> fine. Basically using this code we can give input commands to MPlayer while
> playing it in the slave mode. But, the only problem is that it opens up it's
> own window. Isn't there any way to tell the maplyer to play in a window in
> my Swing application itself ? So that we can start the Mplayer in the some
> part of the Swing GUI itself. ?
>
> It would be great if you could throw some light on this. Isn't there anyway
> in which we can stream the videa streams coming out of the Mplayer and
> display it in any window which we like ? Let me know.

Yes, using the -wid, -geometry, and -colorkey options.
You'll need to specify the window coordinates and video area size, the
colorkey for overlay, and wid is window ID number for X11 or window
handle for MS-Windows.  These options are all documented.

--Joey

--
"I eat donuts for dying children." --Andrew