[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer kengking-version urls

Milan Gurjanov miksha at uns.ns.ac.yu
Fri Jan 28 23:31:28 CET 2005

Hello, Diego!                               Friday, January 28, 2005.   23:15:26

On day Friday, January 28, 2005 you wrote:

> mplayer at turcic.com writes:
>> Thanks for being so very NICE, Mr Diego.

> You are welcome.  I wanted to send an inflammatory letter first but
> reconsidered and tried to explain things as calmly as I could.  I'm
> glad you reply in the same spirit.

I hope that you meant it with irony as the other guy. (((: Relly, this
is a place where everyone (who needs) should find help for his/hers
problem.

> Seriously now, I'm just trying to get some information.  Let's keep
> the petty bickering out of it.

I also searched for the homepage in order to help YOU (as you helped
me) but couldn't find any relevant info, neither homepage nor e-mail.
I'm still searching... (((:

>> First, I supplied a link to the forum where Chinese people are actively
>> discussing his release. So if you are looking to contact him, I suggest
>> you take your time and have a look there.

> That's great, but it's all in CHINESE.  Guess what, I cannot read a
> single kanji letter, so what am I to do?

Translate page with Google or any other web service that does this
sort of translation. It's never a perfect translation, but you can
figure things out. (:

>> Third, someone was asking for the sources. The urls I supplied include
>> such.

> Sorry about that, but it was not clear from your mail who you were
> replying to since you did not quote anything for context and I did not
> keep the thread.  Since I was the last to post to that thread I just
> assumed you were addressing me.

It never works this way, I mean perfectly, but OK.

>> So go ahead and contact him directly,

> How?  I don't have any contact information and I'm not sure he
> understands English (although I assume he does).

You can try contacting webmasters on servers where he placed those
files, for example. No one can place a file (except a hacker (: ) to a
server anonymously. Try posting to those chineese forums if it's not
too complicated to join them. Maybe someone can give you his/hers
e-mail.

webmaster at ustc.edu.cn is one example

> It's great that you provided those links to this mailing list, but the
> MPlayer homepage is a place where this information can reach many more
> people more easily.

That's true but what's the purpos of this mailing list then? It's less
relevant then MPlayer's homepage, but if the homepage was enough there
wouldn't be need for this mailing list, at all.

You can get angry with me for commenting, but it's just my opinion and
I have the right to say it.

--
Kind regards,
          Milan           mailto:miksha at uns.ns.ac.yu