[MPlayer-cygwin] -=[ Few Questions ]=-

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Jan 19 22:59:56 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:17:33PM +0100, Milan Gurjanov wrote:
> I'm pretty much new to this cygwin/ming32 mplayer port process, but...
> I've always used MPlayer under Linux, and I thought why shoudn't I use
> it under Win, too. I wasn't satisfied with GUI support, so I decided
> to write my own frontend with as many options I can implement. And I
> almost made it, but still have few problems. So, here are the
> questions:
>
> 1) I would like to know if there is a way to stretch (or shrink) video
> to any aspect I like and THEN add black stripes with "-vf expand=x:y"
> filter. Consider that I want my GUI to be compatible with all versions
> of MPLayer, not just new (probably patched on this matter). I can post
> the way I managed to work it out manualy, if it helps. I need it as an
> algorithm! If I knew how the scaling process worked, it would be a
> different story. If noone knows how to help me, I will post the way I
> do this, and maybe someone would have idea based on that.

How about:
  -vf scale=400:200,expand=400:300
Or:
  -vf dsize=2/1,expand=400:300

> 2) Is there a way to play Audio CDs under Win & how?

Yes, it's called "use other applications."  Please feel free to port
cdparanoia to cygwin, though.  Nobody has done this yet, but that's what
MPlayer uses for cd audio.

And if you're already tackling this, go ahead and write a VCD module for
win32, as well.  These two tasks should be in the same general vein (CD
access using w32api) and nobody's done either one.

--Joey

--
"I know Kung Fu." --Darth Vader