WG: [MPlayer-cygwin] Qtx support under Windows?

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sun Jan 16 01:47:11 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 08:53:43PM +0100, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> On Friday 14 January 2005 22:42, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> > I've made the full patch, please test it on linux, too many
> > reboots for today ;)
> >
> > I think win32 stuff can be cleaned a bit.
> >

> Ok, I just tested it and it seems to work fine (even for the files that
> require to load other quicktime dlls).
>
> However we should sort out first why FreeLibrary is not called for the qtx
> dlls. It did not cause any problems for me on both linux and windows.
> Arpi, can you comment on this?
> If it works we could do FreeLibrary(quicktime_qts), directly after loading
> qtmlClient.dll
> Please also add a small comment explaining this hack.

LoadLibrary on a yet open module should be equal than a GetModuleHandle
and off course usecount++, I don't see used FreeLibrary for
qtmlClient.dll.
I've tried the FreeLibrary just after loading qtmlClient.dll
and doesn't work on win32, i.e. audio init fails, so I think FreeLibrary
should be issued after qtmlClient.dll unload.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader